Tuesday, September 21, 2010

codependent

The wonderful woman I drove away does arts and crafts. She made me a picture of three animals posing as "hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil." The co-dependents' creed!

This was totally innocent; she knew nothing about codependency at the time. I didn't get it either, when she gave me a couple choices and asked me what I preferred. I picked that one. So ironic. The subconscious works in mysterious ways....

It's hanging on my wall, one of the few things I have from her. Now when I go by it I think of her, and also think to make sure that she (if she takes me back) or any future partner truly understands codependency. One of the reasons my marriage ended is that my ex-wife absolutely refused to recognize that she had participated in my addiction in any manner.

Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment