Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Great shares (day 14 of sobriety)

Here are some things I have heard in 12-step meetings lately:

From a guy with more than two years of sobriety:

"The guy who wants to act out? That's not me. That's the addict inside of me. He used to be big but now he's not so big. He used to be strong but now he's not so strong."


My sponsor on "Building Partnerships":

"First learn how to formulate relationships with men in the rooms. Go to THEM for love, comfort, support, hugs. I'm never alone if I have God in one hand and the fellowship in the other."


My sponsor to those who feel like they need a partner to feel complete:

"In relationships, two halves don't make a whole. Two wholes make a whole. Two halves will never work. A woman does not complete me."

Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment