Thursday, September 23, 2010

I got to hear her voice (day 8 of sobriety)

My beloved ex-girilfriend actually called me today! Nothing even close to making up, but just to hear her voice was a blessing. She called to apologize for something she had done which I just found out about; while pretty serious, it does not compare to what I did to her. But she is such a woman of Grace!

We talked for quite a while, including about our respective work. It was almost like old times. But then she said she was beginning to get upset, and she quickly got off the phone. It was right after I told her that I am committed to celibacy and not dating until my divorce is final. But I don't know if that had anything to do with it. As we were endin the call I told her I love her, which she probably doesn't want to hear, but i can't help saying it! I felt sad and bad that once again a phone call with her ended with her being upset. That is never my intent. I hope she is OK.

Just to hear her voice, just to hear her voice ... Thank You, God!

This morning I met with a therapist about joining his group, and I will do so on Tuesday. It will be good for me to be back in a therapy group. I was in one before, but I lied to them on a couple occasions when I didn't want to admit my acting out. This time I will be totally honest. I AM totally honest, maybe for the first time.

I have much more to write but I have a lot of work to do. Maybe later tonight!

Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment