Monday, October 4, 2010

Looking for a breakthrough (day 19 of celibacy)

Told to me yesterday:

"You've been in this life cycle or situation long enough. You can accept change or resist change, but it's time for a change! Aren't you sick and tired of feeling sick and tired? You've got to break that cycle, quite going around with the same old problem, day after day, month after month, year after year. You've been in this place long enough. Haven't you had enough of fear, of discouragement, of disappointment, of rejection, of shame?

"A new thing is ready to happen in your life. But a condition of receiving the new is to let go of the old. The greatest hindrance of breakthrough is memory; we have a tendency to drag the past into the future. To get the new you have to separate yourself from the old -- mentally, physically, spiritually and emotionally. You're standing on the dividing line between yes and no, between weeping and rejoicing, between struggling and stressing on the one hand, and resting and blessing on the other.

"You sit on the sidelines and say, 'I'm without.' Well, get that mentality out of your mind. It's up to you to activate your faith. If we only gave God half the time we spend thinking about doubt. Every time doubt is in your mind, read the Promises. Say, 'I'm going to get my breakthrough. I'm not going to spend the rest of my life talking about what I missed. I'm not going to let fear and doubt into my mind. It's time to move, time to pay the price. I'm not comfortable here any more.'"


.......... This easily could have been my sponsor. But it was my minister, who knows virtually nothing about 12-step. What a great sermon!

No comments:

Post a Comment