Monday, October 11, 2010

A month of regret (day 26 of sobriety)

Today is one month since my lover and I made love. I can't forget the date: 9/11.

That may sound like a sex addict comment, to be missing the sex, but honestly that's not even close to what I miss most. One of the things I miss most is talking to her on the phone after work. I work until 10 p.m. on Monday nights, and I always would call her on the way home, worn out -- but happy to hear her voice and tell her about my day, and hear about hers.

Today I cried at a 12-step meeting. I could barely get out my share. I said, "As long as I lead a secret life, I guess I deserve to be alone. Now I am learning not to lead a secret life, so that maybe I'll be able to have somebody some day."

Of course, the one I want is my lover, whom I betrayed. The chance of getting her back is almost nil. But I do hold out slim hope, against all odds. Love conquers all!

Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment