Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Therapist unexcited (day 2 of new sobriety)

Well, I met with my therapist today and he wasn't too happy with my new definition of sobriety. He questioned whether spanking is a healthy behavior. I opined that if it is consensual and there are no lasting injuries then it's no different than toe-sucking or any other fetish, and fetishes are not addictions ... unless they make one's life unmanageable. And my plan of limiting it to a committed monogamous relationship makes it manageable.

He responded that toe-sucking doesn't have the psychological symbolism that spanking does, and asked me to keep an open mind to how healthy spanking is in a relationship. I agreed to keep an open mind. But I know this: It wasn't unhealthy for my lover and me. The intimacy of it was incredibly powerful.

I would like to spank her again. I would like to make love with her again. But mostly I'd like to hold her in my arms and tell her of my love....

Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment